Welcome,                                                                                                                 Login
Skip Repetitive Navigational Links

Featured Game of the Week - Giants/Cowboys

On this page we will give a score by score breakdown of the PossessionPoints stat as the game progresses. There will be the familiar PossessionPoints game chart as well as written explanations. There will be additional commentary will be made on our Twitter feed on this and other games. 

If you want to know what to expect on this page. Week 1 or some of our 2009 Feature Game Pages  Week 10 , Week 11 , Week 12, Week 13 Week14, Week 15 or Week 16



Featured Game Week 2 - NY Giants At Indianapolis Colts

     The battle of the Mannings, this is a bigger game for the Colts given their opening day loss to the Texans. They don't want to start 0-2 especially after the Texans pulled out the overtime win at the Redskins.

Note our new formatting doesn't show any color until after the first score.
Team Points Offense Effect Net Effect Defense Effect Time of Last Score
Giants 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 Future
Colts 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 15:00
Real nice PossessionPoints drive by the Colts to open the game. A 6 minute + touchdown drive worth 47 PossessionPoints. Before the game we said on our  "BlogTalkRadio" show that we wouldn't be surprised by a Green-Green shootout, this one is starting that way.
Team Points Offense Effect Net Effect Defense Effect Time of Last Score
Giants 0 0.0 -47.1 47.1 1Q
Colts 7 47.1 47.1 0.0 8:18
Another fine PossessionPoints drive by the Colts has them in the "yellow" already, they are only 18 away from Green. If however, this is to become a "Green-Green" shootout, Eli and the Giants need to get moving.
Team Points Offense Effect Net Effect Defense Effect Time of Last Score
Giants 0 0.0 -82.3 82.3 2Q
Colts 14 82.3 82.3 0.0 9:33
Well, the Colts just turned green. That puts them in the 75% chance of winning. Many of the 25% come when there is a "Green-Green" shootout. The Giants need to change their offensive and defensive strategies if they want to make this a game. Needless to say what they have been doing so far isn't working.
Team Points Offense Effect Net Effect Defense Effect Time of Last Score
Giants 0 0.0 -100.1 100.1 2Q
Colts 17 100.1 100.1 0.0 5:00
Well, the feature game is becoming a feature blowout. The Giants appear overmatched on both sides of the ball.
Team Points Offense Effect Net Effect Defense Effect Time of Last Score
Giants 0 0.0 -107.8 107.8 2Q
Colts 24 107.8 107.8 0.0 0:58
Well the Giants get on the board. Credit Eli with courage standing in and making a big time throw. Most likely too little too late, but we will see. The Giants defense has to now show that it figured something out at halftime.
Team Points Offense Effect Net Effect Defense Effect Time of Last Score
Giants 7 38.4 -69.4 107.8 3Q
Colts 24 107.8 69.4 38.4 10:14
Colt defense puts a score on the board with a sack, fumble recovery for a TD.
Team Points Offense Effect Net Effect Defense Effect Time of Last Score
Giants 7 38.4 -69.4 107.8 3Q
Colts 31 107.8 69.4 38.4 6:27
Well, the Colts have extinguished any hope the Giants had with a 4 minute plus touchdown drive. We said when the Colts turned Green in the first half that it was a 75% chance they would win.
Team Points Offense Effect Net Effect Defense Effect Time of Last Score
Giants 7 38.4 -109.7 148.1 4Q
Colts 38 148.1 109.7 38.4 9:11
Giants get a gift TD, since they only took 6 seconds it was virtually worthless in PossessionPoints also.
Team Points Offense Effect Net Effect Defense Effect Time of Last Score
Giants 14 39.4 -108.7 148.1 4Q
Colts 38 148.1 108.7 39.4 1:46
If you hung in there until the end, we are guessing you are not a Giants fan. There wasn't much to cheer for if you were a Giants fan. This one was over in the first half.
Team Points Offense Effect Net Effect Defense Effect Time of Last Score
Giants 14 39.4 -108.7 148.1 Final
Colts 38 148.1 108.7 39.4